Pet friendly holidays in Cornwall
Golden, sandy beaches with their inviting waves lapping gently ashore. Lush green woodlands with densely-packed trees and shallow streams. Sounds like a dog’s paradise, right?
Cornwall is the perfect holiday destination for dogs, with so many places where they can run free and destinations and attractions that welcome them with open paws.
We know that your dog is part of the family and that it can be difficult leaving them behind when you want to go away. That’s why Mena Farm welcomes well behaved, happy, friendly dogs and their owners and is a popular choice for pet friendly holidays in Cornwall!
Don’t let your pet pooch miss out on all the fun – bring them along on your holiday in Cornwall and let them experience all the sights and sounds that this wonderful county has to offer! From the beaches and the coastal walks to the woodland trails and picturesque towns, Cornwall welcomes dogs year round.
Pet friendly holiday accommodation
Unlike some holiday parks, if you plan to bring your dog on holiday with you then you won’t have to compromise on the quality of your accommodation. Most of our self-catering accommodation is pet friendly, including our farmhouse and glamping cabins.
Mena Farm is set in 15 acres of countryside and parkland, so there’s plenty of space for you to walk them on site. Head down to our fishing lake or enjoy a walk through the wild camping field with its tall grass.
There is a limit of 2 dogs per booking and all we ask is that you keep them on leads when on park, respect our accommodation by keeping your pets off the seating and furniture and don’t leave them unsupervised in your accommodation.
Where can you take your dog in Cornwall?
From the beaches and woodlands to local pubs and attractions, Cornwall is a county that welcomes well behaved dogs (and their owners). If you plan to bring your dog with you then check out just a few dog-friendly destinations, in our little guide to some of our favourite places nearby…
- Cardinham Woods: Just a few miles from Mena Farm, Cardinham Woods is run by the Forestry Commission. There are several marked walks through the woods, ranging from easy Ladyvale to other, more challenging paths. It’s also home to a dog-friendly café!
- Lanhydrock: This National Trust-owned estate is also just 3 miles from Mena. The wooded estate around the main gardens and house is a haven for dogs and their walkers. From the Respryn car park you can walk along the River Fowey or around the managed woodland of the estate.
- Trelissick: Head to the National Trust’s Trelissick Estate, near Truro, and let your four-legged friend explore the Woodland Walk here. This three-mile circuit takes you down to the edge of the Fal Estuary, along the river bank and through beautiful woodland before heading back via the tranquil estuary creeks.
- Crantock or Harlyn Beaches: These year-round dog friendly beaches are great for letting your dog jump in to the waves and have a swim. Quieter than most of Newquay’s beaches, Crantock is also a good start/finish point for walks along the South West Coast Path.
- Porthcothan: Are you a fan of BBC’s Poldark? If you remember ‘that’ scene where Ross swims in the turquoise blue waters and fancy looking down on that beach from up high, then head to Porthcothan near Padstow.
We’ll happily give you lots more tips during your stay.