Terms and conditions
Accommodation = self-catering caravan, house or glamping tent.
We = Mena Farm
- The booking process used on this site is a ‘request’ for accommodation only. Completion of the booking request process does not guarantee availability of the accommodation or touring pitch, or of the price quoted, which is provided here only as a guide.
- Mena Farm is a family park and caters for families and couples only. We do not accept large or single-sex groups unless by prior arrangement, and may ask for a security deposit. Accordingly, we check not only the availability of requested accommodation but also party make-up before confirmation of any booking is made. In certain circumstances Mena Farm will accept bookings from clubs, school groups or similar. Upon arrival, should parties differ from that booked, then Mena Farm reserves the right to refuse access, and no refund will be forthcoming.
- On submission of your booking request, if the facilities that you requested are available and the amount quoted in the guide price provided during the booking process is accurate, then Mena Farm will contact you to confirm this, and to request payment. If for any reason, the facilities that you requested are not available, or there has been a variation in price, Mena Farm will advise you accordingly, and suggest alternative arrangements and costs. If you accept the proposal then Mena Farm will request a deposit, upon which, your booking will be formally agreed.
- Please read all the conditions listed below and then complete the booking request form. If you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone on 01208 831845 or e-mail us on email@example.com.
- Upon receipt, we will send you confirmation showing your balance which must be paid at least 21 days before your arrival. Please note that deposits are non-refundable, although Mena Farm may allow you to defer your booking by arrangement.
- Mena Farm will refund any monies paid excluding the deposit, provided we receive written confirmation of cancellation of the entire party at least one week before the commencement of your holiday. Please note – refunds will not be forthcoming if for any reason you should leave early. You may wish to take out your own holiday insurance to cover this.
- For touring pitches, bookings will be accepted for any day of the week and for any duration. However, during the peak periods, bookings for our electric pitches must be for a minimum of 3 nights. Please note that there is no guarantee that pitch availability can be extended beyond the dates booked.
- Data Protection: The information supplied in the booking process will be stored on our computer for the purposes of future distribution to you of our advertising material if you have requested this, and under no circumstances will be passed on to a third party.
- Stays must be booked in advance and paid in full at least 21 days before the date of arrival. If not, we reserve the right to re-let the unit without notice. Holidays booked within 21 days of the arrival date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- If upon arrival the outstanding balance has not been paid or there are additional guests and customers lack the means to pay in full, then we reserve the right to refuse access to the site and no refund will be forthcoming.
- We will always endeavour to meet special requests, such as for specific pitches, or for parties wishing to camp on adjoining pitches, but these are not guaranteed and are not a condition of your booking with us.
- It is your responsibility to check the details on your booking confirmation are correct and notify us immediately of any discrepancies. We cannot accept responsibility for any errors not corrected prior to arrival.
- Unless you notify us of late arrival your pitch or holiday accommodation will only be held until noon the day after the booked arrival date, (provided full payment has been received) at which time it may be re-let without notice.
- In the instance of behaviour detrimental to other guests, visitors, staff or property, those deemed responsible by the management will be asked to leave the site. No refunds will be made. Detrimental behaviour includes, but not limited to, vandalism, inappropriate use of the site, anti-social or disruptive behaviour, any discrimination against, or harassment for reason of sex, race, colour, religion, religious or philosophical belief, nationality, age, ethnic origin, relationship status, disability, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment.
- Persons using Mena Farm and its facilities do so entirely at their own risk and Mena Farm will not accept liability for the loss or damage to persons and/or property, or accommodation or amenities becoming unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
- All park roads and areas are subject to Road Traffic Law. In addition, the site guest speed limit of 5mph should be adhered to at all times. No driving is permitted around the site between 11pm and 6am.
- Reception and the games barn are open from 9am. The games barn is closed at 10pm and we request that all guests are quiet from this point forward. Unnecessary noise outside of these hours to our other campers will not be tolerated. Disruptive guests and their pets will be asked to leave.
- A provisional booking can be made which will be held for 7 days unless otherwise advised. However, there is no guarantee that the provisional booking will be held for any period of time without payment.
- Well behaved, happy, friendly dogs are welcome at Mena Farm, but must be kept on a lead at all times in the main camping field. Dogs are not permitted to stay outside any accommodation overnight *excluding Guide Dogs. Mena Farm reserves the right to refuse certain breeds of dog that it deems inappropriate on a family site, this includes any breed/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act, and/or any of the following: Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa, unless by prior agreement. Aggressive or noisy dogs are not tolerated. Please contact us directly in advance of booking to discuss. Owners must clean up their dog’s mess anywhere on the site. Badly behaved dogs and their owners will be asked to leave.
- If we believe that you have left early (i.e. vacated the site with no intention to return before your departure date or informed reception of your intention not to return) we reserve the right to re-let your pitch/accommodation. You will not be entitled to a refund.
- We only sell alcohol to persons 18 years or over, and we reserve the right to request to see an approved form of identification – passport, photo driving licence or valid identification card when purchasing alcohol on site. We exercise a Challenge 25 policy, and reserve the right to refuse to serve alcohol to anyone, regardless of age, at the management’s discretion. Under the terms of our licence, we finish serving alcohol at 9pm.
- Use of barbeques and firepits are allowed at Mena Farm, but customers must comply with the guidance provided upon check-in, and displayed around the site, governing their safe usage, and responsibility towards the park.
- Please inform us of any problems that occur during your stay as we regret that we cannot rectify or compensate complaints once you have left the park.
- We try to recycle as much as possible at Mena Farm, and customers will find waste/recycling bins dotted around the site, with clear instructions on recyclable materials. Please place any rubbish bags in the main site bins, and do not leave on the park itself. Do not place any items other than general household waste in the bins. Items such as tents, chairs, duvets, pillows etc. can be disposed of at the local recycling centre in Lanivet for directions – please ask at reception. Anyone found to be disposing of non-general household waste on the site will be asked to leave.
- In circumstances where a customer’s own vehicle or equipment is involved in an accident or incident Mena Farm reserve the right to close or restrict access to areas affected, and salvage or remove vehicles or equipment at its discretion. In circumstances where the accident or incident was caused by the customer, or anyone in the booked party, or by their vehicle or equipment, the owner will indemnify Mena Farm against all damage, claims, costs, demands, acts or omissions whatsoever arising and make reparation to Mena Farm any resultant costs, damages or losses (consequential or otherwise) relating thereto.
- The use, possession or storage of firearms, air or gas operated rifles or pistols, items of an explosive nature (including fireworks) or any other offensive weapon is not permitted.
- Late arrivals must notify Mena Farm of their expected time of arrival 24 hours in advance.
- You are welcome to have visitors during your stay, but in the interests of health and safety, they must register with reception upon arrival. Fees also are applicable for site usage.
- There are a number of hazards on-site, including deep water in the pond, steep drop to a stream bordering one of our fields, in addition to customer and farm traffic. Children must be supervised at all times, and are not allowed to climb onto the hedgerows, buildings or silage bales stored onsite.
- Any accidents or incidents must be reported to reception/Mena Farm owners immediately.
- Kite flying is banned in our rear fields due to overhead power cables.
- Mena Farm reserves the right to terminate any booking at any time, without compensation or refund.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS:
- A 25% deposit is payable upon booking, with the full balance due 21 days in advanced of the arrival date.
- Changes and cancellations can be made up to 7 days in advance of arrival, subject to availability. Cancellations will receive a refund, minus the deposit, up until this point.
- Change requests within 7 days of arrival, will only be accommodated at the owners discretion. Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival are not eligible for a refund of the balance paid.
SELF-CATERING & GLAMPING ACCOMMODATION
- A £20.00 ‘deposit’ is required, which covers any lost keys, or unreturned power packs for the glamping tents. This will be taken on arrival, and refunded upon check-out.
- All accommodation should be left in a reasonable state upon departure, if deemed necessary a cleaning fee will be charged. Liability rests with the named party leader.
- Check-in is from 4pm on the day of arrival, and check-out is 10am on the day of departure. We reserve the right to delay check-in times if necessary, although you are welcome to use park facilities before that time.
- The total number of persons occupying the accommodation must not exceed the number booked and only guests that are registered on your booking are permitted to stay. The static caravans and the old farmhouse, each accommodate a maximum of six people. The bell tents accommodate a maximum of four people. Should your party exceed the maximum occupancy stipulated above, then you will be refused access to the property and no refund will be forthcoming.
- Mena Farm reserves the right to enter the accommodation under special circumstances or emergencies, at any time.
- All Mena Farm accommodation is maintained to the best standards possible. Please leave it in the condition in which you find it, and notify reception of any missing/broken items in order for us to replace or repair them.
- All beds used by small children must be protected by waterproof sheets. Any mattresses found soiled or wet will be replaced and guests will be charged for the cost of replacement.
- Mena Farm shall be absolved of any liability should the holiday accommodation be unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
- No liability can be accepted for any loss, injury or damage, either to individuals or their property, arising from or by reason of the occupation of any accommodation, and the use of any facilities or equipment provided or made available for use by the person or persons occupying and using the accommodation, or by any other person or persons using the accommodation by their invitation or permission. The use of all facilities within the accommodation, park grounds and buildings is at the sole risk of the persons using them.
- Dogs are not allowed to stay in the glamping tents, unless by prior agreement. Please contact us directly in advance of booking to discuss.
- Dogs are allowed in the house and in the static caravans, but not upstairs, in the bedrooms, nor on the furniture. They must not be left alone in the property at any time.
TOURING PITCHES ONLY
- During high season pitches are not be available until 2pm on the day of arrival, but you are welcome to use park facilities before that time. We reserve the right to delay check-in and pitch access should circumstances dictate. Pitches must be vacated by 12pm on the day of departure and a £20 fee may be charged as a penalty for late check-out.
- If it is apparent that customers lack the means to tow their caravan or trailer upon arrival, then we reserve the right to refuse access to the site, and no refund will be forthcoming.
- There is no guarantee that pitch bookings can be extended beyond the dates originally booked.
- Mena Farm does not charge for gazebos or additional tents. Each pitch accommodates a maximum of six people, two dogs (unless by special arrangement in advance of arrival), and two cars.
- Standard pitch fees include two people, with additional fees applicable for additional guests (see our tariffs page). Children under the age of three are free, and children from the age of 16 are classed as adults.
- Cars can park next to their pitches, unless weather circumstances dictate otherwise.
- Pitches are not always defined at Mena Farm, but they are very spacious. Despite this, we expect customers to be considerate towards their neighbours in terms of the space they utilise.
- Only one discount or special offer can be applied per booking. Once booked any offers that may become available subsequently, such as last-minute offers, cannot be applied to an existing booking.
- Fire and other regulations in force on the Park will be strictly enforced.
- All Mena Farm buildings and accommodation are strictly NON-SMOKING.
- The lead name on the booking will be responsible for all payments and the behaviour of all party members.
- Terms & Conditions are in place to protect the health and safety of all parties and to ensure the facilities, amenities and environment of the Park is preserved for the enjoyment of guests. We reserve the right to amend or add conditions as required.
- There is a ‘no noise’ policy after 10pm, at which time we lock the games barn, and close the park gate, and guests are expected to be considerate to all other residents on the park.
- We reserve the right to refuse bookings from parties, or to request parties to leave Mena Farm, that may have a ‘negative’ effect to others, without notice or refund.
- All bookings made in advance of arrival date must be paid using a debit/credit card, by paypal or bank transfer. We do not accept payment by cheque.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into any facility, or the provision of any service or accommodation to any person if they appear to be physically or mentally impaired by the consumption of alcohol or use of recreational drugs, (including appearing hung-over or smelling of drugs or alcohol), and are considered a risk to, or have a potential detrimental impact on, themselves, visitors, guests, staff, or property.