Terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions are in place to protect the health and safety of all parties and to ensure the facilities, amenities and environment of the Park is preserved for the enjoyment of guests. We reserve the right to amend or add conditions as required.
Mena Farm is a touring and holiday park only. We do not allow extended stays outside the terms of our licence which is on permanent display in reception.
Accommodation = holiday home or glamping tent/caravan/cabin.
We = Mena Farm
- The booking process used on this site is a ‘request’ for accommodation only. Completion of the booking request process does not guarantee availability of the accommodation or touring pitch, or of the price quoted.
- Online bookings require a deposit to be paid. If we are unable to honour your booking for any reason (for example, lack of availability), we will refund you in full within 24 hours.
- On submission of your booking request by phone or email, then Mena Farm will advise you of the price and availability. If you accept the proposal then Mena Farm will request payment of a deposit, upon which, your booking will be formally agreed.
- Any provisional booking made will be held for a maximum of 24 hours only.
- At each stage of the booking process, we will send you confirmation of your booking and any payments made by email.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that pitch availability can be extended beyond the dates booked.
- It is your responsibility to check the details on your booking confirmation are correct and notify us immediately of any discrepancies. We cannot accept responsibility for any errors not corrected prior to arrival.
- Mena Farm is a holiday and touring park and caters for families and couples only. Guests can book a maximum of two pitches per party. We do not accept bookings for large groups of adults or groups of workers. Accordingly, we check not only the availability of requested accommodation but also party make-up before confirmation of any booking is made. In certain circumstances Mena Farm will accept bookings from clubs, school groups or similar but please check with us directly before booking. If upon arrival, should parties differ from that booked, then Mena Farm reserves the right to refuse access, and no refund will be forthcoming.
- Only one discount or special offer can be applied per booking. Once booked any offers that may become available subsequently, such as last-minute offers, cannot be applied to an existing booking.
- Bookings comprise a contract between you and us, and are non-transferable to other parties.
- We will always endeavour to meet special requests, such as for specific pitches, or for parties wishing to camp on adjoining pitches, but these are not guaranteed and are not a condition of your booking with us.
Prices, Payments and Refunds:
- Prices are inclusive of VAT.
- All bookings made in advance of arrival date must be paid using a debit/credit card. On-site, we accept cash or debit/credit card. We do not accept payment by cheque.
- Once booked, the price will not change unless you make changes to your booking.
- A non-refundable 30% deposit is payable upon booking.
- Stays must be booked in advance and paid in full at least 30 days prior to the date of arrival. You will receive an advance reminder that any outstanding balance is due.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days before the start date are entitled to a 70% refund on any balance paid in full.
- Cancellations received within 30 days of the start date, are not entitled to a refund.
- Change requests may be made up to 14 days in advance of arrival, strictly subject to availability. We will only accommodate one date change and the new date must be within the same financial year (April to March).
- Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival are not eligible to be moved/re-booked at a later date.
- If your balance is not settled within 14 days of your arrival date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let your accommodation/pitch.
- If upon arrival the outstanding balance has not been paid or there are additional guests and customers lack the means to pay in full, then we reserve the right to refuse access to the site and no refund will be forthcoming.
- Refunds are not forthcoming if for any reason you should decide to leave early.
- We strongly advise guests to take out appropriate holiday insurance in the event of unforeseen circumstances, including Covid-19 cover. Compass Insurance Services offers trip insurance for these situations. For an online quote and to purchase cover, see here.
- Please note: from 1 October to 31 March all electric pitches are metered. Pitch fees include 10kWh of energy, with additional fees payable per kWh used, charged at the prevailing rate (currently .40p per kWh as of 1 June 2023 and updated annually). Meters will be read on arrival, daily, and on the day of departure, and photographic evidence taken. Additional fees must be settled prior to departure.
Cancellations Under Exceptional Circumstances:
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking because you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Should this occur, you will be refused access or asked to leave the site, and no refund will be forthcoming.
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking due to circumstances beyond our control, such as extreme weather, unforeseen damage to your pitch or accommodation. Should this occur you would be offered the choice of postponing your booking, or a full refund. We will not be liable to make any other payment to you.
- We may cancel your booking because the law prevents us from performing our obligations. Should this occur you would be offered the choice of postponing your booking, or a full refund.
Arrivals & Departures:
- Check-in for camping/touring is 2pm, and 5pm for all our accommodation including glamping tents. We reserve the right to delay check-in times due to unforeseeable circumstances, and will endeavour to give as much advance notice as possible depending on the circumstances.
- Late arrivals, i.e. after 7pm, must notify Mena Farm of their expected time of arrival 24 hours in advance or late check-in may be refused and no refund forthcoming. Strictly no arrivals allowed between 9pm and 9am.
- Your location on-site and directions to it, will be confirmed on arrival. If in any doubt, please check with us. Any guest occupying the wrong location may be asked to move.
- Unless you notify us of late arrival your pitch or holiday accommodation will only be held until noon the day after the booked arrival date, at which time it may be re-let without notice.
- If you arrive early for your pitch or accommodation, you will be requested to leave the site until the appropriate check-in time. We do not space for you to wait, nor do we have storage space for you to leave your trailer or caravan here prior to check-in.
- Check-out for camping/touring is 12 noon, and 10am for all our accommodation including glamping tents. Late check-outs may incur a fee of £20 per hour to cover the additional costs of cleaning.
During Your Stay:
- Persons using Mena Farm and its facilities do so entirely at their own risk and Mena Farm will not accept liability for the loss or damage to persons and/or property, or accommodation or amenities becoming unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Wi-fi is available and free of charge at reception. Please note, that this is very restricted due to our rural location and is not for streaming. The service may not be the same as you are used to at home.
- If we believe that you have left early (i.e. vacated the site with no intention to return before your departure date or informed reception of your intention not to return) we reserve the right to re-let your pitch/accommodation. You will not be entitled to a refund.
- Reception is open from 9am to 11am, and 2pm to 7pm. The games barn is open from 9am until 10pm. Our shower, toilet and wash-up facilities are available 24 hours per day. Please refrain from using the laundry facilities between 10pm and 9am inclusive.
- The lead name on the booking will be responsible for all payments and the behaviour of all party members and visitors.
- We expect our guests to behave in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our stafff, and anyone else working on-site and other guests at all times.
- In the instance of behaviour detrimental to other guests, visitors, staff or property, those deemed responsible by the management will be asked to leave the site. No refunds will be made. Detrimental behaviour includes, but not limited to, breach of these terms and conditions and site rules, vandalism, inappropriate use of the site, anti-social or disruptive behaviour, any discrimination against, or harassment for reason of sex, race, colour, religion, religious or philosophical belief, nationality, age, ethnic origin, relationship status, disability, sexual orientation or gender re-assignment.
- Well behaved, happy, friendly dogs are welcome at Mena Farm, but must be kept on a lead at all times in the main camping field. Dogs are not permitted to stay outside any accommodation overnight. Mena Farm reserves the right to refuse certain breeds of dog that it deems inappropriate on a family site, this includes any breed/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act, and/or any of the following: American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa, unless by prior agreement. Aggressive or noisy dogs are not tolerated. Please contact us directly in advance of booking to discuss. Owners must clean up their dog’s mess anywhere on the site. Badly behaved dogs and their owners will be asked to leave. We allow a maximum of two dogs per pitch, or unit of accommodation free of charge – additional dogs are only accepted by prior agreement.
- There is a strictly enforced ‘no noise’ policy after 10pm, at which time we lock the games barn, and close the park gate, and guests are expected to be considerate to all other residents on the park.
- We reserve the right to refuse bookings from parties, or to request parties to leave Mena Farm, that may have a ‘negative’ effect to others, without notice or refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into any facility, or the provision of any service or accommodation to any person if they appear to be physically or mentally impaired by the consumption of alcohol or use of recreational drugs, (including appearing hung-over or smelling of drugs or alcohol), and are considered a risk to, or have a potential detrimental impact on, themselves, visitors, guests, staff, or property.
- We do not allow the use of generators, other than solar panels.
- Music must be muted at all times and is banned from 10pm onwards. Unnecessary noise outside of these hours to our other campers will not be tolerated. Disruptive guests and their pets will be asked to leave.
- You are welcome to have day visitors during your stay, but in the interests of security and safety, they must register with reception upon arrival, and depart the site by 9pm. Day fees also are payable for site usage. You must ensure that they abide by these terms and rules whilst on-site.
- You must not use the site in connection with any criminal activity, or commit any other criminal offence at the site or in the vicinity, including the keeping and usage of banned substances.
- Please inform us of any problems that occur during your stay as we regret that we cannot rectify complaints once you have left the site.
- All site roads and areas are subject to Road Traffic Law, and the site guest speed limit of 5mph should be adhered to at all times. Vehicles should be used on-site for access to the accommodation/pitch only. No driving is permitted around the site between 11pm and 7am.
- The owners of any vehicle not taxed and/or MOT’d will be asked to leave immediately.
- Uninsured or untaxed vehicles, or commercial and sign-written vehicles are not allowed on-site, and we do not accept bookings from groups of workers.
- If it is apparent that customers lack the means to tow their caravan or trailer upon arrival, then we reserve the right to refuse access to the site, and no refund will be forthcoming.
- Cars can park next to their pitches, unless weather or circumstances dictate otherwise. Any additional vehicles may have to park elsewhere on-site. There is no vehicular access to our rear, wild camping, meadows
- In circumstances where a customer’s own vehicle or equipment is involved in an accident or incident Mena Farm reserve the right to close or restrict access to areas affected, and salvage or remove vehicles or equipment at its discretion. In circumstances where the accident or incident was caused by the customer, or anyone in the booked party, or by their vehicle or equipment, the owner will indemnify Mena Farm against all damage, claims, costs, demands, acts or omissions whatsoever arising and make reparation to Mena Farm any resultant costs, damages or losses (consequential or otherwise) relating thereto.
Health and Safety:
- Anyone who is on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or a Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these) is not allowed to stay or visit the site.
- We only sell alcohol to persons 18 years or over, and we reserve the right to request to see an approved form of identification – passport, photo driving licence or valid identification card when purchasing alcohol on site. We exercise a Challenge 25 policy, and reserve the right to refuse to serve alcohol to anyone, regardless of age, at the management’s discretion. Under the terms of our licence, we finish serving alcohol at 9pm.
- Use of barbeques and firepits are allowed at Mena Farm, but customers must comply strictly with the guidance provided upon check-in, and displayed around the site, governing their safe usage, and responsibility towards the park.
- Children must be supervised at all times, and are not allowed to climb onto the hedgerows, trees, buildings or silage bales stored onsite. There are a number of hazards on-site, including deep water in the pond, steep drop to a stream bordering one of our fields, in addition to customer and farm traffic.
- The use, possession or storage of firearms, air or gas operated rifles or pistols, items of an explosive nature (including fireworks) or any other offensive weapon is not permitted.
- Use of remote-controlled flying objects including drones, and motorised scooters or similar (except those for disabled use) are not permitted anywhere on-site. Kite flying and ball games are banned in our rear fields due to overhead power cables. Bicycles without lights are not allowed after dark.
- Fire and other regulations in force on the Park will be strictly enforced.
- All Mena Farm buildings and accommodation are strictly NON-SMOKING. NB This applies to cigarettes, vaping and all other electronic and traditional smoking devices.
- Any accidents or incidents must be reported to reception/Mena Farm owners immediately.
Self-Catering and Glamping Accommodation:
- All accommodation should be left in a clean and tidy state upon departure, if deemed necessary a cleaning fee will be charged. Liability rests with the named party leader.
- Check-in is from 5pm on the day of arrival, and check-out is 10am on the day of departure. We reserve the right to delay check-in times if necessary, although you are welcome to use park facilities if this should occur.
- The total number of persons occupying the accommodation must not exceed the number booked and only guests that are registered on your booking are permitted to stay. The old farmhouse, accommodates a maximum of six people. The bell tents and glamping cabins accommodate a maximum of four people. The vintage caravan and Lotus Belle tents accommodate a maximum of two people. Should, on arrival, your party exceed the maximum occupancy stipulated here, then you will be refused access to the property and no refund will be forthcoming.
- Mena Farm holds a key to all accommodation on-site. We may use the key for any purpose authorised by you. We also reserve the right to enter the accommodation in an emergency, such as concern for health and safety, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative measures, or to check/secure the accommodation.
- All Mena Farm accommodation is maintained to the best standards possible. Please leave it in the condition in which you find it, and notify reception of any missing/broken items in order for us to replace or repair them.
- All beds must be protected by the waterproof sheets provided. Any mattresses found soiled or wet will be replaced and guests will be charged for the cost of replacement.
- No liability can be accepted for any loss, injury or damage, either to individuals or their property, arising from or by reason of the occupation of any accommodation, and the use of any facilities or equipment provided or made available for use by the person or persons occupying and using the accommodation, or by any other person or persons using the accommodation by their invitation or permission. The use of all facilities within the accommodation, park grounds and buildings is at the sole risk of the persons using them.
- A maximum of two dogs are allowed in all our accommodation, but not upstairs, in the bedrooms, nor on the furniture. They must not be left alone in the property at any time. No cats allowed in our accommodation.
- Standard pitch fees for camping include two people, one vehicle, and two dogs, (unless by special arrangement in advance of arrival), with additional fees applicable for extra guests to a maximum of 6, and for extra vehicles (including trailers) to a maximum of two (see our prices page). Children under the age of two are free, and children from the age of 16 are classed as adults.
- There is no guarantee that pitch bookings can be extended beyond the dates originally booked.
- In addition to your main unit of accommodation (e.g. family tent, caravan, motorhome), Mena Farm allows you to pitch either an awning, a gazebo, or a pup (two-man) tent. The maximum tent/caravan/van size allowed is 6′ x 4’m to include any awning or gazebo.
- Pitches are not always defined by fixed borders at Mena Farm, but they are very spacious. We expect customers to be considerate towards their neighbours in terms of the space they utilise, and by law, you must pitch at least 3 m away from the border of your pitch, and at least 6m away from any neighbouring tent/caravan/motorhome.
Waste Disposal, Recycling and the Environment:
- We try to recycle as much as possible at Mena Farm, and we have a dedicated waste disposal/recycling area with clear instructions on recyclable materials. Please place any rubbish bags in the main site bins, and do not leave on the park itself. Do not place any items other than general household waste in the bins. Items such as tents, chairs, duvets, pillows etc. can be disposed of at the local recycling centre in Lanivet for directions – please ask at reception.
- Please do not damage our trees or plants, dig holes, alter your accommodation/pitch, commit any act of vandalism or otherwise damage to our property, use fireworks/chinese lanterns or similar, harm or harass wildlife or our pet farm animals.