We have endeavoured to improve the accessibility of the site and facilities to meet the full range of our visitors’ needs so that everyone can fully enjoy their stay with us at Mena Farm. A comprehensive list of our facilities and service provisions can be found below:
- We are happy to communicate via telephone, fax, skype, email and postal correspondence.
- A copy of this access statement is available in large print and via post, fax or email upon request.
- Our staff are always happy to discuss our facilities and your concerns even before a booking is made. Please do not hesitate to ask.
Reception and Shop
- The entrance to Reception is via an extra wide set of double doors that lead to a foyer area that is level throughout and entirely accessible to wheelchairs.
- There is an accessible parking bay located just outside reception.
- The opening hours are 8am to 10pm in peak season and 9am to 7pm in the low season.
- The shelves in the Shop are stacked from floor level to head height, but assistance is on offer upon request.
- The main camping area comprises a 4-acre flat field is on a gentle slope and all of our facilities within the main public areas have flat access and extra wide doors, except the two main shower blocks.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas, with water bowls also available.
- The main track through the site is surfaced with tarmac.
- We are a small site located on the edge of Bodmin Moor – our location is perfect for star-gazing, so the site has no ancillary lighting. All guests are advised to bring torches to find their way around the site.
Shop, Amusements and Laundrette
- There is level access and wide entrance doors to the Shop and both Amusement areas.
- Large parking bays are located immediately outside of the Shop, including one reserved for disabled clients.
- The aisles are wide enough for wheelchair access throughout most of the Shop and Amusements.
- The Laundry and washing-up area is accessed through single-width doors, but with level access. For wheelchair bound guests on their own we can offer a service wash, and support with dish-washing.
- All washers and dryers are front loading and coin operated.
- Our two static caravans have parking alongside, but are not wheelchair accessible due to having steps leading up to the main door.
- Each van has a shower, but no bath.
- Each van has heating by gas fires and electric panel heaters and are level inside, but with narrow corridors.
- We accept guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs, but please inform us upon booking.
- Our vans are not designed to accommodate persons who require hoists or those persons that cannot be lifted from a wheelchair to the bedroom areas.
- All vans are fitted with smoke detectors and a fire blanket/extinguisher.
- All caravans are non-smoking and hyper-allergenic duvets and pillows are provided.
Touring Pitches and Facilities
- We have a dedicated pitch for disabled guests, which is located adjacent to the disabled bathroom – both of which are wheelchair accessible.
- Parking is permitted on each touring/camping pitch.
- Staff are more than happy to advise on the location of pitches and suitability for your requirements on enquiry during booking.
- The two toilet and shower blocks have narrow entrance doors and are level throughout. They are both well-lit and open 24 hours a day. Both blocks offer unisex facilities, and the main block at reception has CCTV camera covering the entrance.
- Our overflow fields are located at a further distance from the main public areas and are not serviced by tarmac roads. We would not recommend these areas for wheelchair users.
Grounds and Gardens
- The site extends over 15 acres in total and parts of the site are located on a steep slope.
- The park is part-serviced by a tarmac track, but with no ancillary lighting.
- There are no separate pedestrian walkways on the site, but we have restricted the traffic speed throughout the site to 5mph to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
- The individual fields of the site are separated by Cornish hedges or tree lines, and there are many landscaped areas located throughout the site.
- Some areas of the site are possibly better suited for those customers who suffer allergies such as hay fever.
- There is good mobile phone coverage throughout the site.
- A 24-hour emergency phone number is provided upon arrival should you ever need to contact a member of staff in an emergency.
- Full lists of local care, medical and service providers and hire companies contact details are available in Reception.
- Phone numbers for taxi firms with wheelchair accessible vehicles are available in Reception, with a taxi pick up and drop off point adjacent to Reception.
- We are looking into ways of increasing the range of disabled and family facilities throughout the park.
Guest feedback and suggestions are always warmly received.