We have endeavoured to improve the accessibility of the site and facilities to meet the full range of our visitors’ needs so that everyone can fully enjoy their stay with us at Mena Farm. A comprehensive list of our facilities and service provisions can be found below:
- We are happy to communicate via telephone, skype, social media, email and postal correspondence.
- A copy of this access statement is available in large print and via post, fax or email upon request.
- We are more than happy to advise on the location of pitches, our facilities, your concerns and suitability for your requirements on prior or during booking. Please do not hesitate to ask.
- We are a small site located on the edge of Bodmin Moor – our location is perfect for star-gazing, so the site has no ancillary lighting. All guests are advised to bring torches to find their way around the site.
Grounds and Pitches:
- The main camping area comprises a 4-acre flat field is on a gentle slope and all of our facilities within the main public areas have flat access and extra wide doors, except the main shower block.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas, with water bowls also available.
- The main track through the site is surfaced with tarmac.
- We have a dedicated pitch for disabled guests, which is located adjacent to the disabled bathroom – both of which are wheelchair accessible. Parking is permitted on each touring/camping pitch.
- Our wild camping fields are located at a further distance from the main public areas, are sloping and are not serviced by tarmac roads. We would not recommend these areas for wheelchair users or those with mobility problems.
Reception / Shop:
- The entrance to Reception is via an extra wide set of double doors that lead to a foyer area that is level throughout and entirely accessible to wheelchairs. Shelves are stacked from floor level to head height, and assistance is on offer upon request.
- There is an accessible parking bay located just outside reception.
- Opening hours are 9am to 7pm.
Shower & Washing Facilities:
- We have a dedicated shower room for disabled guests, which is fully accessible for wheelchair users, and contains baby change facilities.
- The main shower block has a narrow entrance corridor which is not accessible for wheelchair users. It is level throughout, with non-slip flooring, but has no assistance aids.
- All our washroom facilities are unisex and gender inclusive. There are two extra large shower cubicles for families, and a baby bath is available upon request.
- But both the entrance to, and the public space inside the shower block is monitored CCTV camera for safety and security, it is well-lit internally and externally, and they are open 24 a day.
Washup / Laundry Block:
- A gentle slope leads up to the entrance of the washup/laundry block, but it is level inside, and is fully wheelchair accessible via an extra-wide entrance.
- The laundry room is accessed via an extra wide door. Machines are front loading and coin operated. For wheelchair users on their own we are happy to offer a service wash, and support with dish-washing. Please do ask.
- The block also contains the chemical waste and grey waste water disposal points. All facilities are well-lit and available 24 hours a day.
- There is a slight slope on the entrance to the games barn, although easily accessible through the extra wide entrance and it is level throughout. Aisles between the amusements are wide and easy to navigate for wheelchair users.
- The barn is well-lit, contains a large-screen TV, and is available between 9am and 10pm.
- Our two glamping cabins have parking alongside, but are not wheelchair accessible due to having steps leading up to the main door.
- Each cabin has a shower, but no bath, and the bathrooms have no assistance aids.
- Each van has gas central heating and are level inside, and have wide corridors.
- We accept guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs, but please inform us upon booking.
- Our cabins are not designed to accommodate persons who require hoists or those persons that cannot be lifted from a wheelchair to the bedroom areas.
- The cabins are fitted with smoke detectors and a fire blanket/extinguisher.
- The cabins are non-smoking and only hyper-allergenic duvets and pillows are provided.
- There is good mobile phone coverage throughout the site, we have full 4G coverage, and there is free wifi available at Reception.
- A 24-hour emergency phone number is provided upon arrival should you ever need to contact us in an emergency.
- Full lists of local care, medical and service providers and hire companies contact details are available in Reception.
- Phone numbers for taxi firms with wheelchair accessible vehicles are available in Reception, with a taxi pick up and drop off point adjacent to Reception.
- We are always looking into ways of improving the range and quality of disabled and accessible facilities throughout the park. Guest feedback and suggestions are always warmly received and acted upon as appropriate.