- To enable us to provide you with the products and services you request, and to manage our relationship with you, we need to collect and use your personal information.
- This may mean sharing your personal information with contracted third parties, legal agencies, or in line with legal instruction.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you submit an enquiry, place a booking, use our website or fill out a form as follows:
- When booking or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and car registration. You will also have the ability to opt-in or opt-out of receiving any marketing information from us.
- We collect your personal information to process and fulfil your booking(s), including your payment details and about the transactions you carry out with us, as facilitated by our card payment providers. NB – we do not personally write down, record or store your card information when taking remote card payments.
- Information contained in the communications between us, including emails and instant messaging via social media.
- All public areas of the site including the games barn, reception/shop and shower block corridor are monitored and data recorded by CCTV for the safety and security of our guests and our property.
- Details of your visits to our digital services and how you use our digital services: the collection of traffic data and location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer or device is located); details of the resources that you access (including the website pages that you view); images that you upload and publish to our social media pages (where these include personal information); technical information such as details of the devices you use.
NB If you provide us with personal information about another person, you must ensure that you have their agreement and that they are also aware of how we use personal information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs, particularly if you are a returning customer.
- To process transactions, your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested from us.
- The email address and phone number you provide for order processing will be used to provide you with information and updates relating to your booking.
- To enhance and personalise your experience on our website; for example, we monitor details of your visits to our digital services, including, but not limited to, traffic data and page views for business and data analysis;
- We may use any contact information you have provided us to follow-up on a partial registration or booking if this has not been completed.
- Following any booking you make, we may carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity; for example, we may undertake verification checks to identify any discrepancies with your payment details;
- To address any claims made against us; i.e. we may share details of our accident logs and CCTV footage with our claim handlers and insurers in connection with any claim made or likely to be made against us.
- Your personal information may also be used by us, and disclosed to third parties, to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, or other third parties.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place a booking or submit your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server, and your personal data is stored on our bookings system only, which is limited to specific key users via secure login.
- All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information will be kept on file.
- We do not write down, or otherwise store any credit/debit card information. If paying by card over the phone, your card information is typed directly into the card payment provider for authorisation, and not recorded or stored by Mena Farm.
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive to enable our systems to recognize your browser and help us to track visitors to our website and digital services, so we can better understand what portions of the website and digital services best serve you. It may not be possible to place bookings using the website or digital services unless you have cookies turned on and we suggest that you leave them turned on for this purpose.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- This excludes trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, bookings system, conducting our business, or servicing you. These third parties are contractually obliged to keep this information confidential in full compliance of GDPR legislation.
- The third parties that have access to some or all of your personally identifiable information are as follows: are as follows: IT-OK, Stripe, Sumup.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers if a claim is made or could be made against us. For example, we may send CCTV footage and information contained in our accident logs to our insurers.
- Your personal information may also be used by us, or contractors, and disclosed to third parties, to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you, or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
How long do we keep your personal information?
- Information provided during our booking process will be kept for up to 10 years.
- CCTV images will be stored for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 90 days to ensure the safety and security of our guests and our property.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We operate in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years of age or older. We will not use any photographs of children in our publicity activities, unless their parents/guardians have authorised us to do so via the completion of a consent form.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website by clicking here.
Access to your Personal Information
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right to access your personal information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. To formally make a data request please contact us here.
This Policy was last updated on 18 June 2020.